Marco Polo is a fun app that lets you send and receive videos– a video “walkie-talkie.” The app only gives you the ability to save videos that you sent. But on an iPhone or iPad it’s possible to save videos that other people sent you by using iOS’s screen recording function.
Update: Marco Polo added the ability to save videos to your Photos library on your phone, so the steps below aren’t needed.
Here’s how to download a Marco Polo as a video into your iPhone or iPad photo library (and save on your computer if you want).
- First add the screen recording button to your control center
- Then go to Marco Polo.
- Pull up the control center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
- Start recording.
- Close the control center.
- Play the Polo – the sound will be recorded too.
- Swipe up to bring up control center, stop recording.
- The video is saved in your Photos library. You can send it to your computer via Airdrop.